cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA509G admin 403 Forbidden!

t.klettke
Level 1
Level 1

I inherited a single SPA509G from a customer, trying to use it with Asterisk. SW Ver. 7.4.8.a, HW Ver. 1.0.3

I can access the web interface, but when I click "Admin Login" I get only a page "403 Forbidden!".

I've tried factory reset via the phone's menu, disabled/enabled web access, disabled DHCP and used static IP address. Set Transport Protocol to "tftp" and tried upgrading firmware (7.5.2b) from a Windows PC.

No success with either - still can't get past the "/admin" URL.

Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

6 Replies 6

t.klettke
Level 1
Level 1

Add-on: I've already tried to follow the recommendations in this related thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2172036 - but since I don't have a UC320W or similar I don't have those options.

Once I get past the "Admin Login" I'll be fine on my own as I have administered the same type of phone before.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unless you have phone in SPCP mode (e.g. connected to a controller like UC320W as slave device) the thread mentioned above doesn't apply to you.

If I understand correctly, you have access to WWW UI. So what's the value of "customization" attribute on "info" tab ?

t.klettke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan -

Thanks for your reply. Customization on the "Info tab" says "Pending".

Not happy to say, but you are out of luck with the device in question. Your phone is customized/locked to particular VoIP operator. Only such operator may unlock them for you.

Thanks Dan - that explains it. Last question: Is there any way to find out who that operator might be - so I can get in touch with them? I have no idea how my customer got this phone and where it came from. The previous IT contractor is no longer available - even if he might have had that information at some point.

Thought: If the phone is trying to "call home" to check in with the provider, there might be some way to figure this out. If not - oh well - some time wasted, but nothing else

Yes, the phone may call home, or, at least, may try to resolve an address of home. Just catch the IP communication of the phone when booting. You may try to ask Cisco's support as well. They may identify the VoIP to you (from phone's serial number).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: