cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA509G will not take firmware upgrade from 7.4.9a to 7.5.1a

nealuk1955
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I can view the web interface of my SPA509G handset without difficulty. I have upgraded the firmware previously and experienced no problem with this.

I would now like to apply the latest firmware (7.5.1a at the time of writing) and I have disabled all antivirus and firewall on my XP SP3 PC.

The phone will not commence the firmware update. I receive the error message: "Upgrade Failed. No Response From SPA".

I have checked in Provisioning and Firmware Upgrade is Enabled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Neal.

3 Replies 3

davidagu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Neal,

Is your phone registered to a local PBX or to an external ITSP on the internet? If you are using an ITSP, they may or may not allow you to upgrade the firmware version, or may push your firmware version out to you.

You can always give us a call at 1-866-606-1866 and open a support ticket.

Hello David,

the IP phone is registered to an external ITSP - however the handset was purchased freely, and isn't tied to the ITSP, or locked down, or customised in any way.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have successfully updated the firmware before. Perhaps there is something I have overlooked, or need to double check.

Regards,

Neal.

I don't know what has made the application of firmware more difficult than usual, but here is a workaround thanks to Cisco support, who I found very helpful.

Set up TFTP server on PC, copy over the firmware.bin file

Instruct the IP handset to pull the firmware using tftp with the command in browser:

http://192.168.phone.ip/admin/upgrade?tftp://192.168.pc.ip/spa50x-30x-7-5-1a.bin

Thanks and regards,

Neal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: