Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa514G languages

hello,

I am trying to set a spa514G to spanish language.

In the support web of this devices there is no langauge pack to apply. I tried to use the language packs for spa30X and 50X but do not work.

How can I change the language of the device?

Regards,

Roger

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

<Dictionary_Server_Script ua='na'>serv=tftp://x.x.x.x/;d0=English;x0=spa50x_30x_en_v756.xml;d1=Spanish;x1=spa50x_30x_es_v756.xml;</Dictionary_Server_Script>

Looks good. I assume you verified the phone has successfully downloaded the spa50x_30x_es_v756.xml file from server.

Well, I can just repeat my advice - turn on syslog&debug on the phone and catch the messages. It should help to identify the cause.

Also, verify what languages are offered in phone's menu (I wish to distinguished "the Spanish language is not available all" case all from "phone just has not switched to Spanish" case). Replace Language_Selection ua='na' with Language_Selection ua='rw' or you will be unable to see it in menu.

There is any relation between the firmware and the version of the language pack?

Yes. You should use most recent language pack released before the firmware you are using (or simultaneously with it). You are using 756 version of language pack thus I assume phone's firmware is 7.5.6 or newer.

See also SPA514G Czech Localization (language). Martin has claimed some issues (e.g. some untranslated artifacts when he used 753 language pack with 7.6.1 firmware) but it seems it generally works. So I assume it should work even for Spanish.

View solution in original post

I have to wait the customer to check if the language have changed because there is no matter to check it via web.

It seems you missed the  http://<phone-ip>/admin/screendump.bmp feature ...

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPA endpoints are supported in the SMB community, might want to move your thread over there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for the info. I will move it.

Regards

SPA514G is SMB device, but not the ATA gateway. I moved thread for you to the final place.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, I have no SPA514G here, thus I can't verify my claims, but as far as I know, the localization packs are common for SPA30x/SPA50x/SPA51x product line. It should work as far as I know.

Can you disclose exact content of Dictionary Server Script you used ?

Verify the language file is loadable for the phone. Consider to turn on syslog&debug on the phone and catch the messages. It should help to identify the cause.

hello,

this is the spa514G.cfg I use:

<flat-profile>
<!-- daylight -->
<Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule ua="na">start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/3:0:0;save=1</Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule>
<Daylight_Saving_Time_Enable group="Regional/Miscellaneous">Yes</Daylight_Saving_Time_Enable>

<!-- display hora -->
<Time_Format group="User/Supplementary_Services">24hr</Time_Format>
<Date_Format group="User/Supplementary_Services">day/month</Date_Format>
<Time_Zone group="Regional/Miscellaneous">GMT+01:00</Time_Zone>

<!-- Diccionari -->
<Dictionary_Server_Script ua='na'>serv=tftp://x.x.x.x/;d0=English;x0=spa50x_30x_en_v756.xml;d1=Spanish;x1=spa50x_30x_es_v756.xml;</Dictionary_Server_Script>
<Language_Selection ua='na'>Spanish</Language_Selection>

</flat-profile>

I have used this template in spa50X and spa30X and it works.

There is any relation between the firmware and the version of the language pack?

Regards

Note we use have no trailing '/' in serv= value on SPA50x. I don't know if it matter, but try just

serv=tftp://x.x.x.x;

May be the SPA51x is less tolerant to such syntax variant.

Looks good. I assume you verified the phone has successfully downloaded the spa50x_30x_es_v756.xml file from server.

Well, I can just repeat my advice - turn on syslog&debug on the phone and catch the messages. It should help to identify the cause.

Also, verify what languages are offered in phone's menu (I wish to distinguished "the Spanish language is not available all" case all from "phone just has not switched to Spanish" case). Replace Language_Selection ua='na' with Language_Selection ua='rw' or you will be unable to see it in menu.

Yes. You should use most recent language pack released before the firmware you are using (or simultaneously with it). You are using 756 version of language pack thus I assume phone's firmware is 7.5.6 or newer.

See also SPA514G Czech Localization (language). Martin has claimed some issues (e.g. some untranslated artifacts when he used 753 language pack with 7.6.1 firmware) but it seems it generally works. So I assume it should work even for Spanish.

thanks for the reply.

Yes, it donwloads the file and the language Spanish appear in the language selector.

I have just upgraded the firmware, it was older than the language pack. I have to wait the customer to check if the language have changed because there is no matter to check it via web.

If this didn't work I will activate the logs.

Regards

I have to wait the customer to check if the language have changed because there is no matter to check it via web.

It seems you missed the  http://<phone-ip>/admin/screendump.bmp feature ...

yes I missed it and I didn't know it.

That's a great feature! How have I lived without knowing this???!!!???

The problem for the languages was that the firmware was older than the language pack I was using. After upgrade the firmware the phone display the correct language.

Thanks

How have I lived without knowing this???!!!???

I can answer even this question - you lived just hard ... ;-)

Glad to hear you solved it.

ceni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recovered IP PHONE SPA525G2.
I updated the phones 7.6.2.e.

I would like to change the language to French.
How to do ?
I insert the dictionary script:

<Dictionary_Server_Script ua = 'na'> serv = tftp: // ip server / path; d0 = English-US; x0 = spa525_en_v761.xml; d1 = Portuguese; x1 = spa525_pt_v761.xml; d2 = Danish; x2 = spa525_dk_v761.xml ; d3 = Swedish; x3 = spa525_se_v761.xml; d4 = Norwegian; x4 = spa525_no_v761.xml; d5 = Spanish-Mexico; x5 = spa525_es_mx_v761.xml; d6 = Spanish; x6 = spa525_es_v761.xml7_dev5 = german .xml; d8 = Dutch; x8 = spa525_nl_v761.xml; d9 = Italian; x9 = spa525_it_v761.xml; d10 = French; x10 = spa525_fr_v761.xml; </Dictionary_Server_Script>

I find the languages on the phone. I choose French but nothing changes.

Thanks for your help

Don't hijack thread that as been claimed solved/closed please. Create new thread for new problem.

But you can follow the suggestions from this thread. Also, you should catch logs and share them in new thread you will create. It will allow someone to help you ...

Also, share the value of Dictionary_Server_Script exactly as configured. The value disclosed above have so many meaningless spaces embedded making the value syntactically incorrect. There seems to be other syntactic errors as well (x6 = spa525_es_v761.xml7_dev5 = german .xml;).

Once more - don't respond to me here, ask again within brand new thread.

ceni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for your response a new discussion "Langue SPA525G2" is creating sorry for the mess.