Views
Helpful
Replies

spa525 Call transfer issue

Juan Luis Hoyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

when we have a call stablished and we want to transfer it, Transf softkey is pressed. Then we dial the destination extension number, speak with the person and get our phone on hook. Now, they are connected.

The issue is, when the extension that receive the transfer is a SPA525G2 phone, the transfer is lost at the moment we get the phone on hook. It means, we cannot transfer calls to SPA525G2, but we can do to other phones.

There is an example attached. There, a call is receive by ephone-3 (ephone-dn 595, number 2099) and is transfered to ephone-4 (dn 577, 2103). The process fails because ephone-4 is SPA525G2. After this, there is one more call. Ephone-3 receive it again and transfer it to ephone-8 succesfully.

How can I solve this issue?

We are talking about UC560.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Juan,

Please update the SPA525 to 7.5.2 or newer.

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello Juan,

Which is the IOS version and firmware version of the SPA525?

Best regards,

Alex

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Juan,

Further to Alex's question, can you tell me what happens when you do the following:

Take Call >> Transfer Button >> Dial Extension >> Announce Caller >> Press Transfer one more time

If this works, then the auto hand-off must not be working with the SPA-525G2 and you will have to start looking at things like firmware version and debugging.

But look at what Alex has asked you and report back, you never know it may be a known issue

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi,

Software pack 8.1, SPA525G2 firmware 7.4.6

Doind "Take Call >> Transfer Button >> Dial Extension >> Announce Caller >> Press Transfer one more time" call is lost too.

I noticed is only when transfering an external call (transfering a call between internal extensions works fine).

Cheers.

Hello Juan,

Please update the SPA525 to 7.5.2 or newer.

HTH,

Alex

Hi everyone,

It´s a codec issue. Changing codec used on SIP trunk from G711 to G729 works fine. Anyway, I have upgrade software pack to 8.6.1 and, once SPA525G2 have downloaded new firmware, both codec works right.

Thank you all.

Juan.

Hello Juan,

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved, please mark the answers which were useful by clicking on the stars below and mark the question as answered so that others may benefit from it.

Best regards,

Alex

EDIT: Thank you for the good rating! Good luck.