Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5252G2+500S with UC560 - major problems with phone functionality

cisco43ftrd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using a UC560 with about 20 SPA525G2 phones and everything went fine until the end of the last year. The customer wanted 500S extensions for every 5252G2 phone (until then only the secretarys' phones had those), so we installed them applying basically the same configuration as on the existing 500S extensions.

From time to time the secretarys' phones wouldn't properly forward calls and sometimes freeze and display "network error" but that wasn't a big problem as it rarely happened.

Now since we had to rebooted the UC last weekend the secretarys' phones go completely crazy:

- The Pickup function only works from time to time - although you can see there's a call on a phone you can't pick it up from another phone

- Call forwarding doesn't work at all, sometimes the call would be directly transfered instead of ringing the target extension first

- Calls cannot be retrieved once they are on hold or while ringing another extensions for call forwarding

- The phones freezes and display "network error"

Currently there are two phones (the secretarys') that were reported to behave like this. (Those two are in a call blast group for the company's number by the way)

I have no idea how to fix this. My current software pack/firmware versions are:

UC Software pack 8.6.0

SPA5252G2 firmware 7.4.8

I know software pack 8.6.1 and firmware 7.5.4 have been released, but the release notes don't contain anything related to the problems I'm expiriencing.

Has anyone expirienced any similar problems or has an idea how I could troubleshoot/fix these problems?

I'm thankful for any hints.

Kind regards,

Rainhard

1 Reply 1

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Are the phones registered on the voice vlan? I certainly don't think it would hurt to try a firmware upgrade on the phones either?

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: