cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G and PVC2300 Video Monitor - Phone reboots sporadically.

joe.borg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're installing a Video phone setup for a particular customer using a Cisco UC520 and CUCME 15.0XA2. For this we're using the SPA525G to display the MJPEG streem coming from a Linksys/Cisco PVC2300 Video camera. I followed the integration steps here: How to Enable MonitorView (Video Monitoring) on the SPA525G in SPCP or SIP Mode and the setup seems to work fine. That said, there are two issues:

1. The phone sporadically reboots whilst displaying this video stream. This seems to me like it's some bug but I'm not sure how to proceed on it. The firmware on the phone is 7.4.3 (so it should be ok). The camera is setup for 320x240 25fps low quality so I'd think the phone should be able to decode this without being overloaded...

2. We were wondering whether there's a way to simplyfiy access to the video monitoring option. Currently, access to the video streem from the phone menu is very cumbersome. Is it possible in any way to associate the video stream directly with one of the phone (dn) buttons?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Joe

2 Replies 2

Hi Joe,

We did some stress testing of this application and did not find it to cause issues, even when the phone had active calls. What is the exact scenario and situation with the device when the problem occurs?

We currently do not have plans to support a shortcut softkey to get to the video playback directly.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for the delayed response - I was out on sick leave. The scenario is nothing particular. A UC 560 with uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA2 configured as a CUCME and the SPA525G. After a few minutes (the amount of time varies) of watching the video output on the phone's screen, the phone reboots for no apparent reason. There's no active call on the phone and no buttons are pressed. Is there any phone debug or something that could help troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: