cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G MonitorView with a PVC2300 Camera

jabrimfi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a customer who currently has a SPA525G phone installed and uses the MonitorView feature to view video on the PVC2300.  The problem is, they find the user interface too cumbersome, needing to hit multiple buttons to get to the correct screen.

Looking for a shortcut, possibly one of the soft keys or line keys, to enable quicker viewing of the 1 camera.  Please let me know if there is any user guide or best practice here.  The customer is going to move to another application (view on desktop, etc) and is upset that they spent the extra money on the SPA525 for this specific feature. 

3 Replies 3

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jabrimfi,

I labbed this up and unfortunately there is no way to add the video monitor to a softkey or line button.

However, I can provide you some tips on how to access the video monitor streams quicker. After the user presses the settings button the can use the numpad to choose the video montoring otion and then the camera. In your case, you would press settings then 3 and then the number of the camera(ie 1-4). In my case 1 only had 1 camera so I would press the settings button then 3 and then 1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks Jon, this customer only currently has 1 camera too.  Do you have configuration steps to walk through this so the customer can try it out? 

Really appreciate it,

Jared

Hello Jared,

The configuration stays the same, it just how we are accessing the video monitoring function on the phone. Instruct the user to press the settings button, then 3, and then 1. That will take them directly to the video feed. This should prevent them from having to scroll through the menu.

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: