cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G not responding to any physical keys

mattifh20
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with my IP Phone 525g which is getting worse and I really need some help to figure out: its only on my device or a know issue.

Here is the problem I have:

Early on, I've realized if I set my Bluetooth configuration to both(handsfree and phone) the IP phone become unresponsive to any physical keys. Therefore, I've only set it to phone. However, I have recently upgrade the phone firmware and regardless of the configuration, the phones become unresponsive. The only way to get out of this situation is to reset the phone by unplugging it. I really need some guidance to figure out a solution for this, please help.

Here are some information about the phone:

It is configured with a VOIP service provider through SIP server. The phone is connected to a local network with a total of 5 devices.

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

What happens when the bluetooth config is disabled?

Can you obtain debug log of this issue?  Details on doing this at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

I've learned this is a bug and Cisco has a updated firmware which addresses the lock up issue. However, it created another bug which is not as bad as this one. Here is the detail of the new bug:

If you are on an active call through a Bluetooth headset and mute your microphone, pushing the mute key(to disable it) is unresponsive for a few seconds. The key registers with a few seconds delay. In another word it becomes unresponsive for a few seconds. I am not sure if Cisco is aware of this bug or there is a workaround to fix this issue.

I just was able to mute and unmute without delay using a Jabra T5330.  Do you have the latest software installed on your 525?  It would be 7.4.9c and bluetooth version would be .34.  Seen in the info tab of the web UI.

I have done further investigation and I have found out this issue is not only related to bluetooth. Almost every key is certain time responds with delay. The delay could be from 2-6 seconds and its totally randomly. Here are the status of my device, please let me know if you have seen thi issue before. I like to know if this is a configuration issue or its a bug.

Firmware version: 7.4.9c

bluetooth version: 0.00.34

Harware version: 2.0.0

Thanks,

By the way, my bluetooth headset is Plantronics - Voyager Pro+

This is not a known issue.  Please contact our support center so this issue can be looked into further.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

They will be able to dive further into your issue.  Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: