cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G phones are disconnecting callers

comtech123
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a UC320W that is having a devil of a time with a couple of SPA525G phones.  The receptionist (using a SPA504) puts a caller on hold and then the person in the other office with a SPA525G tries to pick up the line.  The user picks up the handset and instantly the caller on hold is activated on the speakerphone - not the handset.  A second or two later the call is completely dropped.  This doesn't happen all the time and is difficult to reproduce.  They are losing a couple of calls per day because of it though and are getting frustrated.  I have the latest 2.09 firmware loaded on the UC320W.

This is really strange behavior since obviously the act of lifting a handset shouldn't activate the speakerphone nor should it automatically grab a caller on hold.  This identical behavior has been observed on two of their phones so it cannot be a handset malfunction.

Please advise.  The customer has had nothing but trouble from day one and is getting really frustrated with the system.

1 Reply 1

John Hoyt
Level 1
Level 1

You could try updating to the latest firmware, then plugging the phone directly into the UC320W and powering it up so it gets the update direct from the UC320W.

I was having random reboots on SPA525G phones, expecially after any phone updates sent from the UC320W.  Latest firmware (not the release, the beta or alpha, whatever it is...) has resolved those issues.