cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G Remote Setup

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

I need to setup a SPA525G with a UC560 implementation at a customer's remote site.  The issue is the remote office is way out there and need to find a way to set it up manually.  Looking for step by step manual directions for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The setup is defined here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9811

But the phone is required to be present at the host site to be staged for remote use.

I know I screwed up.  It was setup in the office and working.  Expect we fogot to look at your nice doucment.  Now the phone is 2 thousand miles away.  Was looking for any back door way to get it done.

I have no experience making this work 'back door' and would guess that there is a certificate they need to share (or if its factory loaded on the SPA525G models) so not sure this would work.

You would need to manually create the Phone and the User on the system and give it all its numbers, names, buttons, etc.

Then you can try going to phone settings, then Network Configuration:

VPN:

put the IP Address of the UC560 in the server address

put the USER NAME and PW you created for it on the UC560

check the boxes (connect on Bootup and Enable Connection)

Not sure if I missed anything since this isnt supported...

Steve

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Manually setting up VPN on 525 works every time I have done it. Just ensure you checked the box for teleworker in CCA.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Manually setting up VPN on 525 works every time I have done it. Just ensure you checked the box for teleworker in CCA.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Follow the steps in the TEL lab that steve wrote aside from the Phone VPN wizard.  From the phone itself go to settings > network configuration > VPN and you might be able to just follow what I entered in the picture along with the settings you entered from the SSL VPN configuration page.  The group name should be left blank it is not a valid field.

So in short you will be creating the SSL VPN and then entering those settings into the phone manually.

In addition to configuring the VPN settings, under Network Configuration you will want to enable 'Alternate TFTP' and configure an ip address in 'TFTP Server 1' (normally 10.1.1.1).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: