Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G: securing network configurations and features

androide
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to lock-down the network configurations of the SPA525G? I called Cisco Support and the engineer tell me that there is no way to lock by password... I configured 60 SPA525G on a site, everything works fine! But there is some users begin to "scrap" the configuration because they don't know what there doing in the parameters button. I know we're able to force some configuration from ephone-template. I taked a look in http://ip-phone/admin/spacfg.xml and I didn't see anything about locking configuration.

I could be a feature request too!

Anyone have an idea?

Philippe

3 Replies 3

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Androide,

Please, take a look at this link at page 162

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpipp/ip_phones/administration/guide/spa500_admin.pdf

There you can find the Access control supported by SPA5xx Phones.

Thanks, I hope it was helpful.

Let us know if you need further information.

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro,

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phillipe,

You can enable the admin password which will secure the phone's config.

You can also stop people from factory resetting the phone:

MySecretPassword

Yes

Regards,

Patrick

----------

You only need one reference document for all SPA phone firmware, information, and utilities.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your answer, but this applied only in SIP configuration. Currently, I use SCCP configuration with UC560. I tried to push the configuration from "ephone-template" with "service phone" commands, but I don't find the exact keyword I have to use...

Other, I have done some tests physicaly on the phone. If I enable admin password, user are able to modify Network configurations. If I enable user password, now everything is locked... too much locked! End user are not able to view "Calls history". Is there a way to add only admin password to lock all the configurations needed to make the phone works properly on the network? Example: Network configuration, wireless configuration and so on. It's ok to let the users modify ring tones, wallpaper, listen MP3 through the usb port and see there call history!

Thanks again for any help!

Philippe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: