cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525g xml directory

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,  I'm a newbie with the spa525g and xml directory.  Can someone give me some guideline or doc what I need and how i'm setting up the XML directory.

I tried to use LDAP for active directory but it's not working for me.

Thanks
Jeff

2 Replies 2

Ian Hamel
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the file structure I used for my XML directory file (obviously I replaced the names with "NAMEX")  I found this directory to be a bit tedious to maintain as well as really only works for a smaller list of people as it isn't searchable like LLDP is so you'd have to scroll through the entire list.

Coporate Directory

Select the User

-

NAME1

-

NAME2

-

NAME3

-

NAME4

-

NAME5

I hope that helps!

Ian

r.poweska
Level 1
Level 1

I use both XML and LDAP, took a little playing around but I got them both to work. 

Here are my LDAP settings, make sure you use the FQDN in the Search Base and Client DN

The Display Attrs are how it will search the Containing Directory for the contents

Make sure your XML file is stored in a Web server folder, I used line or ext. 4 as my XML Directory button

Ian's format of the XML file is correct. Depending on your firmware version, you can either of only 32 entries or 96 (this number might be off). the latest firmware supports more than 32 entries.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: