cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 Firmware Differences between "a" & "a-bt" versions?

Paul Norman
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe a simple answer to a simple question but when downloading the latest firmware for the Cisco SPA525G / SPA525G2 phones the zip folder appears to contain two versions of the latest firmware file?

for example:

spa525g-7-5-2a

spa525g-7-5-2a-bt

What is the difference between the two?

What would be the correct file for the SPA525G2?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct.  The BT has the upgraded bluetooth stack.  They have two different firmwares to allow quicker upgrades for customers who do not have BT headsets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Paul Norman
Level 1
Level 1

Ok well thanks for the help & support, i am guessing the bt in the firmware file is short for BlueTooth!

That is correct.  The BT has the upgraded bluetooth stack.  They have two different firmwares to allow quicker upgrades for customers who do not have BT headsets.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, i searched the net for ages and read the pdf supplied with the firmware but nothing. Kinda guessed it reffered to bluetooth but as the 525g & 525g2 both have bluetooth i couldn't understand why their would be two versions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: