cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 Firmware Issue

markbrads
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade my SPA525G to the latest firmware so I can use VOIP, whatever I try it will not update, I think it may have crashed during the process, how can I completely reset this, is their any possibility?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

Do you want to load the SIP firmware on there? Or what do you mean by you want it to do VOIP??

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Mark,

It is not quiter clear what you need it for but if you have firmware 7.4.3 or any other before 7.4.7 please update first to 7.4.7 and then to 7.5.3.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

for my understanding, the phone is crashed during upgrade.

if that is the case, basically It should come back automatically with the backup firmware, but..

See if you can get to the following

1. Cold reboot the phone

2. When the animation appears

3. Press speaker key 3 times

4. will be show a list of menu, from there

a. could reset the configuration

b. Upgrade the firmware

Thank you for your reply, I did as you suggested but couldnt see any menu.

you should see the recovery menus at least. if not, better open a case for further assistant.

diag recovery

1. recovery reset

2. firmware upgrade

3. restart.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: