Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 - fw 7.5.2a crackling sound

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

a few days ago I noticed that cisco released a FW update for the SPA525G phones. Until now I used the 7.4.9c FW that comes with the 8.6 UC560 software package. I uploaded the FW to our UC560 edited the load and updated the tftp config. After a reboot the phone just upgraded fine.

Since the upgrade I hear a strange crackling sound in my handset when I'm using the phone. The crackling appears like once every 60 seconds and lasts for 5-10 seconds. It sounds a bit like as if the other party would stutter or there was a "chopping" like effect applied to his/her voice. In Germany with analogue landlines we had some analogue call-charge pulse that sounded quite similiar :-). 

I flashed the newer FW because I thought it might fix some compatibility issues with BT Headsets (I bought a Logitech H800 BT-Headset which pairs just fine with my laptop and iPhone but just won't work with my SPA525G2 using 7.4.9c and 7.5.2a-bt). The cisco SBS support told me that it's not in the compatibility list and they pretty much don't care about it.

So basically I wanted to ask if somebody else noticed the crackling within the 7.5.2a FW and / or has some adice on the Logitech BT issue?

regards,

Fabian

18 Replies 18

Bug state says Open - new. Meaning that nobody is working it.

You may find that unless you pressure hard and continuously, that will not change.

hanefi.turkoz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,
Maybe another problem but i have a cisco spa504g where the sound cracking
I have changed the handset (?) and no more cracking
For me, this was a hardware fault
Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Paul Norman
Level 1
Level 1

It is not a hardware fault because when i disconnect the sidecar from both my phones there is no more crackling or popping noises during a call.

Once the sidecar is connected and you make a call the noise returns.

Any news on a fix its been ages?

Hi,

Apparently Firmware 7.5.5 got released a few days ago and the crackling problem seems fixed after some initial testing on my side!

regards,

Fabian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: