cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 keeps rebooting

JOHN THIEN
Level 1
Level 1

The previous thread on getting my VPN working between the UC540 and the SPA525G2 for a remote phone did the trick (thanks!).

My problem now is that my SPA525G2 phone keeps rebooting.  It started as soon as I got the VPN working.  It starts up and says "upgrading to spa525g-7-4-9c" and then reboots.  The time between the message appearing and the reboot is awful fast.

I tried to debug things by moving the phone back to the hardwired connected to the UC540, and it still does the same thing.

I used an AC adapter for the phone, and went into the unit's menu and did a factory reset.  So now the phone wasn't rebooting, but it wasn't connected to the UC540, either.

So I then tried reconnecting it to the UC540, and it starts rebooting again.

So then I did a firmware upgrade on the phone, using my PC, to spa525g-7-5-4-bt.bin, and that worked.  But when I connected the phone to the UC540 again, it starts rebooting again with the same "upgrading to spa525g-7-4-9c" message.

Any ideas?  The UC540 seems to really want the phone on the 7-4-9c.  Not sure if there is a way to tell the UC540 to move up to 7-5-4?

Any input would be welcome.

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello John,

I believe there is an issue downgrading back from 7.5.4 to a firmware lower than 7.5.2.  (If I remember corretly.)  I would suggest that you upgrade the phone load on your UC540 to 7.5.4, so you don't run into this issue.

Phoneload update can be done in CCA under "Maintenance", "phone load management".  You will need the latest Software Pack on your PC which is running CCA.  Or, you can download the specific phone load, and drag-and-drop the file onto the UC540 icon in the "Topology View" of CCA.

Thank you,

Darren

letkris44
Level 1
Level 1

John,

I had the exact same issue. This is a bug in the new version. To clear it, open a terminal, enter global config mode, and use the following command set:

conf t

telephony-service

no service phone SPA525-Encryption-key-code TKIP

no create cnf-files

create cnf-files

end

write

Crazy, but it works. HTH.

~Kris

Thanks Kris, I will remember those steps you posted.

In the end, I did a factory reset on the UC540, and things started to work better.

We had this exact same problem this week. The command above did work but we then lost the softkeys on the 525G2 handsets.

Quickest was for us was to reset the system and copy the config back from flash to startup-config and reboot.

Softkeys and phones then worked.

Voicemail recovered from Backup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: