cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SPA525G2 Questions: Backgrounds, & Downloads

Hi,

I am installing a UC560 8.1 and have been getting acquainted with its nuances.  When I plugged in a SPA525G2 it will not update to the 7.4.9c firmware on the UC560.  At the time the 525G2 was running 7.4.7.   Is there any special gotchas I should be aware of?  I dont have any other types of phones handy to see if this is related to this phone type or a system setting.  I do see that the phone attempts to download the firmware via the phones screen, but it blinks by quite quickly.  I am able to update the firmware by using the phones web browser, but would like to be able to push out updates via the CME.

If I use a CP7970G on the UC560 it downloads background images from the CME.  The SPA525G2 does not seem to have this option which I find odd.  Thoughts?

Last item.  The help instructions on the UC560 say that jpg, gif, and png background files are all acceptable file formats.   But if I go to the Telephony>Customization>Desktop  and attempt to upload images, it only accepts png.  Documentation error?

Thanks in advance

-William

Message was edited by: William Baron for clarity