Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 Wont Boot

Just had one of these SPA525g2 delivered two days ago from Ring central, exactly the same issue as I have seen on the forum but don't seem to see a resolution other than to return the handset?  Unplugged and moved the unit after several days working fine, plugged the unit back in and main red light on top blinks, screen is blank, the centre 3 of the call presence lights are all at half light. Repeatedly re cycled but nothing? Any assistance appreciated before I box up and return.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Duplicate of this comment.

OE3OSB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  all,

i have the same problem as described. All working fine, then i move the phone to another place and it doesnt reboot anymore.

The lights speaker, Headphone and Mute are on (ca. 0,25sec blinking) and also the middle 3 lines are on half-light. The led on the top on the middle of the screen are also blinking red in the same speed like the other leds).

Here you see it:

https://youtu.be/rEVxxqF64Lc

(HW Info: SPA525G2 / 5-line phone - last cisco firmware ca. 03/2018 )

Pls. help cause i bought it 3 month ago (2nd hand but never used).

Rgds

Erich

Don't refer external videos, please. This thread will become useless once they will be removed. The video you referred is included here.

Unfortunately, boot failure LED blink patterns are not documented as far as I know. Regardless of it, there's not so much you can do. Broken configuration and/or firmware can be repaired only at home (assuming the power adapter is not broken)..

Reboot the handset, wait for Cisco logo followed by animation System Booting up ...

Once animation shows, press speaker button 3 times.

You will then see "Diag recovery" menu. Use "Firmware Upgrade" to reflash system firmware and "Recovery Reset" to clear configuration.

If it doesn't help, phone is broken beyond your ability to repair it.

This post contain information related to other's site thus it may contain information considered Sensitive or Confidential.