Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5XX BLF Orange Solid for UNAVAILABLE State

Dear Sirs,

i'd like to become BLF lamps on an attendant console SPA500S Orange (Solid) when an extension is in the state UNAVAILABLE.

Which string i need to send from asterisk to phone via SIP Notify Subscription to achieve this goal?

Thanks in advance

Gianluca

31 Replies 31

Hallo Patrick,

did U already had some time for checking with your colleges about my "problem" ?

It's something we really need in our office...

Regard,
Edgar

Hi Patrick and Cisco,

Sorry if I'm annoying...

But this is a very big problem for us!
(a green LED that supposed to be orange or maybe just off... )

Mean while we tested een Snop and a Mitel where the LED
can be turned off... So we also know the softphone isn't online...

Is there hope it can be "solved" with cisco phones?

BumB!! Again...  

HiHi!

1.) Yes, because its a remote phone... (most of them even a softphone)

Asterisk has a DEVICE_STATE() and those can be:

UNKNOWN, NOT_INUSE, INUSE, BUSY, INVALID, UNAVAILABLE, RINGING, RINGINUSE &ONHOLD

When Asterisk gives back the status RINGING or BUSY the led is red or red blinking. (the way we expect)

But when the status is UNAVAILABLE or UNKNOWN I want the led orange and not green.

2.) Yes, i have... (fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=104@10.101.1.68)

3.) I'm not sure, I think udp. BUT my environment is a test so I have almost no traffic in my network...

This not work becouse SPA500S not understand State:Unavailable.

71827@internal            : SIP/71827             State:Idle            Watchers  1
                  71842@internal            : SIP/71842             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71841@internal            : SIP/71841             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71840@internal            : SIP/71840             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71839@internal            : SIP/71839             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71838@internal            : SIP/71838             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71837@internal            : SIP/71837             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71836@internal            : SIP/71836             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71835@internal            : SIP/71835             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71834@internal            : SIP/71834             State:Unavailable     Watchers  1
                  71833@internal            : SIP/71833             State:Idle            Watchers  1

I have all the leds Green but Green shuld be for idle.

Some workaround to segnaling Orange when an Ext is not Registered ?

Tim Bowyer
Level 1
Level 1

Glad we are making some noise and getting a reply regarding this issue.  It has been the bane of my existence for a little while!

Thanks Patrick.

Hi Tim,

Can you describe for me why this is such an issue for you please? [Aside from Ed's description]

Reading your description may help my colleagues and I come up with a useful solution.

Thanks,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Functionality-wise, we may have a receptionist at site A, which has handful of teleworkers not at site A.

These remote handsets may or may not be 'registered' or online all the time.

Having the BLF indicator show the Asterisk state 'unknown' will let them know if they are offline, on call, idle etc etc.

This functionality works with other brands of handset / softphone etc.

Kind regards,

Tim Bowyer

Dear all,

not only funcionality-wise this function is usefull, think about the power consumption! It's no use to let a Cisco phone (and all the other periferals on the desk) consume power during the weekends, holidays and overnight.

Rgds,

Jan.

Hi Patrick,

Just seeing if we have any movent re this state indication issue?

Cheers,

Tim Bowyer

Tim Bowyer
Level 1
Level 1

Double bump...

Triple bump...

And Cisco wil never ever answer again when it get diffcult...

I guess we have to search for telephones of a diffrent brand.

Any ideas?? Or experiance??

The SPA5XX only supports dialog-info, and unavailable state is not defined for dialog-info. In order to support the unavailable state it should additionally support pidf, if that is at all possible. Asterisk for instance will not report an unavailable state to a dialog-info subscribed SIP device. I have no experience with other SIP phones.

Did you solved this major issue?

Do you still use Cisco phones?

Alex