cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5xx low-pitched audio sound

fboot2009
Level 1
Level 1

We're really puzzled with new SPA5xx. In comparision with SPA9xx ip-phones SPA5xx has low-pitched audio (opinion of different people). I'm tried with G.711a/u, G.722. Have anyone faced the issue? What options affect this behaviour?

5 Replies 5

Steven Howes
Level 1
Level 1

Different speakers in the wideband handset.

Hi Community,

The difference in the audio is that the SPA5xxG IP phones have enhanced acoustics to support G.722 wideband audio.

Because of the enhanced accoustics, the SPA5xxG phones produce deeper bass than some people prefer.

We're adding an option to reduce the bass, scheduled for release late July.

Once the release is available, you'll be able to do the following:

• Disable via provisioning by changing from:

Yes

to:

No

• Or: Disable with the web-ui by changing from:

Voice tab > User tab > Audio Volume > Deep Bass: yes

To:

Voice tab > User tab > Audio Volume > Deep Bass: no

[Click image to increase size]

deep-bass.jpg

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Yes, I also experiencing voice quality problems on SPA 5xx IP phones. The sound is dull, without higher frequences. Tried to attach handsets from other IP phones, the quality is much better. Is it really low quality hardware or it is software problem???

Software Version:    7.4.4

Hardware Version:    1.0.0(0001)

Regards,

Ivo

P.S. I don't have "Deep Bass" options in the GUI !!!

If you look at Patrick's message a little more closely, you'll see that the firmware he is referring to is not available yet (expected in July).  Please be patient with us and we will get the firmware out as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Dave.

David,

Yes, I looked to the message closely, but this is related to Bass only, i.e. lower frequencies, but I'm talking about higher frequencies !!! The problem is that there is no high frequencies at all !!! Will this new version also increase high frequencies??? Can you confirm that ???

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: