Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5xx phone will not pick up

Cassius_Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently changed out our receptionist's Linksys SPA-962 for a shiny new SPA-525G with two SPA500S consoles. On the Linksys phone, if a call got transferred to an extension, she could watch the progress for a few seconds and then pick up the call to ask if they wanted to go to voicemail or have the party paged.

The extended function on the sidecar buttons was (on the 962's sidecars)

fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=NNNN@$PROXY;ext=NNNN@$PROXY

I used this same code on the SPA500S with the SPA525G.

I have the call pickup code set to *8#, and I have dialplan code to handle that.

The receptionist can't pick up calls any more. When she tries, the phone displays "Invalid number" and "To: *98" which is the blind transfer code. Since the BLF is indicating a ringing state, why doesn't the phone generate the call pickup code and grab the call?

I've reproduced the same problem on my SPA508G using Firmware version 7.4.9c, for what it's worth.

Firmware on the 525G is 7.5.4.

I hate to have to go back to the Linksys phone! Can anyone tell me what might be amiss?

THANKS
Cassius Smith

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

In version 7.5.4, there's a parameter in the Attendant Console called, "BXfer to Starcode Enable".  Set that 'yes' and see if that resolves this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: