cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 to SPA9000

Kenneth Lee
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to setup two offices that have a VPN connection to each other - each office has a SPA9000 and SPA400 combo.  I would like to be able to dial extensions between the sites, but am unable to locate any doc on how to setup a site to site sip trunk ( I think I can figure out the dial plan if I can get the two 9000s to register).  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Since you'll be using a VPN, you can have all the phones connected to one spa9000.  One spa9000 supports up to 16 phones.  Connect a spa9000 to another spa9000 isn't supported.

Thanks for the reply.  I am slightly confused though.  There is another thread  (https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/11177?tstart=0) where it is referenced that  "You can have 3 SPA9000, but not behaving as a single unit. You would need to connect 1 SIP trunk to each of the neighbors (i.e. two SIP trunks).".  How do I go about making this happen?

From the description at that link, it sounds like you would obtain a SIP trunk from an internet phone service provider for each spa9000.  So you can then call the other spa9000 after you have that new SIP trunk number.

Ok....well....  I guess I will have to find another solution for my local lines in one office then.  I'll use your sugguestion until I can figure that out.

As multicast does not come across the VPN tunnel, how do I go about adding the SPA962 to a SPA9000 adaptor on the other side of the tunnel?

Hi Kenneth;

You would require either manual configuration or connecting/configuring the phones in office 1 before installing them in office 2.

Regards

Alberto