cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 working over the internet

yuripower
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I had one scenario I want to discuss with you.

I need to connect some IPPhones over the internet with a SPA9000 to make internal calls only.

I have seven SPA-901 IPPhones in different locations and one SPA9000 in other different location, is configured with one PUBLIC IP.

How could I do this work properly?scenario.jpg

8 Replies 8

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Yuri,

You can do this, you have to go into the interface of the spa9000 under the voice/sip/pbx parameters change the proxy network interface to wan.  This will allow someone to register on the wan side of the spa9000.  Also look at the proxy listening port which by default is 6060.

This will allow someone to register to the spa9000 via x.x.x.x:6060 to register to the spa9000.  All you need is an extension to register and proxy information on the phone.

Hello,

David

First thanks for your help, this configuration is already on my SPA9000. Now how could I do this on the SPA-901 IPPHONES?

Regards

Yuri

Hi Yuri,

On the phones you just need to point the Proxy field (Ext TAB) to the SPA9000 Static Public IP:6060

Example:

Proxy: 200.200.200.200:6060

User ID: -> A desireable extension

Password: -> Field below

For password, don't forget to set a general password on SPA9000 at SIP Tab on field "Phone Ext Password".

Regards,

Andrey Cassemiro.

I have tried this before with no success. How do I have to configure the network connectivity?

At present the SPA9000 is connected via its internet port to another Linksys WRT54G router. The WRT54G has the SPA 9000 in the DMZ with 6060 forwarded as well. I have never been able to register an external SIP phone.

Any help apprecaited.

So man, I have finished this configuration with direct support from cisco over telephony and this function didn't work on this device. I have solved my needs by using one system called trixbox. http://fonality.com/trixbox/ this system is based on Asterisk and linux, it's really easy to configure and use, you can install until in a virtual machine.

I'm using one virtual machine with 100GB of HD 1GB of RAM and one XEON. You don't need to put one Public IP device, just use one port forward on your router from port 5060 to your LAN IP used on this device.

I hope I've helped you, if you have any questions I'm stell here.

Yuri

zbbspy61920708
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

Donot SPA9000 work over internet?

i need to make the roaming x-lite soft phones from internet to register to my SPA 9000!

bin

Hi Bin.

No, it is not supported.

regards;

Alberto

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: