cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA921 setup issue

clark_gillet
Level 1
Level 1

I've upgraded to the latest firmware on my new SPA921 phone. I'm connecting to an existing VoIP infrastructure. In the past with polycom phones for instance...all I've had to do to connect a new phone to the server is: make sure there's an available extension and set the username/password on the phone itself. By some stroke of magic the phone would register with our fonality PBXtra and start making calls. I'm not sure what settings I'm missing in getting these SPA921's up and running. HELP

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Generally you just need to set the proxy, userID and password.  Proxy is either the ip address or name of the sip registration server.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've typed those settings every way I can Imagine and still can't get the phone to register. I've upgraded to the latest firmware, tried multiple extensions with different user ID's and passwords. I've tried appending both SIP port numbers to the proxy IP address. I've played around with the outbound proxy settings. Any other tips or ideas?

Try debugging the problem to see if it the phone is receiving anything back from the register request.

Info at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: