Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa922 in "SOS phone in recovery mode"

Hello, how can I recover the phone? What I have tried is the software in this discussion: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10616406/spa962-sos-recovery-mode but it didn't work. The software didn't find the phone. What I need in the computer to make it work? Do I need dhcp server? There is any version of the software with the latest firmware? Thanks for advanced, regards.
7 Replies 7

bnedyalk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In order t try to correctly recover the phone the best scenario will be to connect the Cisco phone directly to your PC and then run the utility. Please also use the correct recovery tool - 66132-rec-spa942-6-1-3a.zip

If again the tool doesn't find your phone could be the case for trying to use FFFFFFFFFFFF instead of the Serial number of the phone.

Eventually if the above doesn't work, can you please share more details of what are you exactly doing during the recovery process?

Best Regards,

hello, I cannot make it work. What I did: - connect the phone to a switch - connect a laptop where I downloaded the software to the swtich. Set a random ip to the laptop - execute the recovery tool - either with FFFFFFFFFFFF or serial number the tool did not find the device I don't know if the phone was configured with fixed ip or dhcp and I don't know if it is important. To try I plug a computer with dhcp server into the switch and configured the laptop to get the ip from it. I restar the phone and tried again the tool but the result was the same. Thanks fot the help, Regards

sorry I don't know why all text is in the same line, when I edit it it didn't happens but viewing it yes. I have tried to put more new lines between lines but it didn't work Regards

Phone is in recovery mode only when no valid firmware image is present.

In such case, any previous configuration is irrelevant as there is no firmware that can interpret it despite it's still saved in phone.

Your laptop needs to have any IP address for the purpose of recovery procedure.

Connect the phone directly with laptop (you need cross-over cable to it). Use packet catcher to verify the recovery software is sending packets to phone. If phone will not respond to it, then it's broken beyond "just lost firmware" and no recovery procedure is possible using this software tool.

Hello, then is broken beyond "just lost firmware" because i got the same results. There is any other software procedure to try to save the phone? Thanks for all, Regards

No further idea from me, sorry ...

ok, thanks for your help!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: