cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA962 and inbound caller name

mediware01
Level 1
Level 1

I use SPA962 phones connected to a 3cx IPBX. Firmware is 6.1.5a.

When an inbound call is received by these phones, two numbers are displayed on the screen : the company phone number, and the caller extension number.

Is there a way to have the caller name instead of one of these numbers (keeping the caller extension number would be great) ?

I tried to and items to the personal directory, but I'm only able to change the ring tone. The displayed informations are always the same.

FYI : The phones are configured via auto-provisioning (tftp), and also use LDAP to connect to a shared phone book (Active Directory).

4 Replies 4

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

This sounds like an issue regarding the 3cx system as the 962s are only endpoint devices and do not have a way to modify received caller id information. It can only be displayed or turned off. The CID info is sent by the pbx (3CX in this case) so I would look there first.

Only the caller ID shows up on the SPA962, not the caller name.

I would like to have both of them, but if we can get only one, the caller name would be the best.

Some other sets or soft phones are able to do this (Thomson ST2030, ...).

You could try reading this thread.... I know it is not exactly the same as your situation, but you may be able to find something useful here. (especially about the caller-id mapping in the admin guide)

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/13207;jsessionid=3E7CA1DCC9C6BECE8BE5696C7B255CA5.node0

Dear Sir;

Please follow Bill's suggestion to check that discussion. This is likely resolved if you set caller id to be obtain from the FROM header (which is one of the options provided).

Regards

Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: