cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SPA962 and SPA942 bug in REGISTER method - how to report?

Hi,

I've discovered a very simple bug in the latest firmware 6.1.5(a) for SPA962 and SPA942

When one of these phones registers with a SIP Registrar they includes an allow header of

Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER

The problem is that the phones also support the MESSAGE method when enabled in the supplementary services section. Hence the Allows line should be

Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER, MESSAGE

A strict registrar will not forward MESSAGE methods to the phone as it is not in the Allowed methods.

I would like  to report this bug. How can I do this?

Also, are there any other presently known bugs for these phones? I have a number of issues with BLF subscriptions failing permanently if there is a monentary network outage. I am interested to know if there will be a newer firmware verison that fixes some of these problems?

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Cisco Employee

Re: SPA962 and SPA942 bug in REGISTER method - how to report?

Hi Jeremy;

I'll escalate this to engineering support to replicate and if needed open a bug.

Regards;
Alberto

Cisco Employee

Dear sir;

This defect has been loaded into the system as CSCte50751. Stay tuned for resolution.

Regards

Alberto

Beginner

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask here but I can't view CSCte50751 as it's an internal bug. Just wondering if there's any indication of potential resolution.

Thanks,

Chris Stone

Beginner

I'm staying tuned but think I might have the wrong frequency :(