cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SR520/UC520 Adding Guest and Additional Vlans - Which do you use?

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

I need to add a guest network and an additional vlan for data for use by a sister company in my sr520/uc520 environment.

I am using all defaults on the devices and they are currently fully operational.

I need to add a guest network for use with wireless and I need to add another private vlan for the sister company that does not have access to the vlan100 on the UC520.

Since I will be using AP521 access points for the guests/users and connecting them directly to the UC520, I feel I already know what to do.

I am asking for assitance in case there is a standard procedure when using the two products together.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

The answer is when using the SR520/UC520 combination that the local network should be managed from the UC520. The SR520 will have 2 vlans, the internet and the default vlan. You could add the guest network to this router with a new vlan as well.

I thought that the vlans needed to be synchronized between routers but they dont. The vlans on the UC520 work behind the wan interface so you dont need to worry about it. I just used the default vlans and made a guest vlan for use with the 521 AP.

Works like a charm (I cant believe it)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: