cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SR520s and modem solution for SBCS Smart Design deployment

tdhfox21a
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to perform our virgin SBCS Smart Design deployment. A UC520 which will be driving about 20 phones over 4 sites. Being out first deployment, we want to be able to thoroughly test the whole solution BEFORE deploying. We WERE going to deploy SR520-ADSL routers, but my idea is if we could just use SR520s, we could test the whole system - including WAN connections in the lab before taking it to all the sites, then when we are ready, convert the router wan connections to PPOE and stick modems on the edge of each site node. But I don't want to have all this expensive hardware hanging off some cheap nasty modem on the front end.

My question is this.... Could I use SR520s with SRP521s in bridge mode successfully, without stepping outside the SBCS Smart Design parameters?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

you can use an SR520 ADSL or Ethernet model with no violation of the smart design.  In the lab, it would be easier for you to test with SR520 ethernet models, but if you are concerned with an external modem, then use the ADSL model.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

you can use an SR520 ADSL or Ethernet model with no violation of the smart design.  In the lab, it would be easier for you to test with SR520 ethernet models, but if you are concerned with an external modem, then use the ADSL model.

Thanks Adam, yes were are going with the straight SR520s and putting the modems in the hands of the ISPs to ensure we can have the right modem solution depending on the actual site. Appreciate your confirmation.