cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stcapp application state is inactive HELP!

mattkjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Trying to setup FXS port for an analouge phone.

Can call out from the phone, but get a 'busy' tone when calling in from anywhere.

Show stcapp device summary shows;

stcapp application state is inactive.

I cannot find a reference to this error anywhere on google, and have followed the cisco docs to set the STCAPP voice-port/ephone/ephone-dn/stcapp config up.

I have checked my config againt countless other configs and see no difference.

I cannot find any cisco docs relating to having to 'install' stcapp, nor anywhere i can 'start' the service.

Platform is UC560 running the following revisions;

#show telephony-service
CONFIG (Version=8.0)
=====================
Version 8.0

#show hardware
Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)XA2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Any help at this point woud be much appriciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike Wyzykowski
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen that before.  What worked for me was while in config mode, type in stcapp and hit enter.  Seems to start a service or something.  Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike Wyzykowski
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen that before.  What worked for me was while in config mode, type in stcapp and hit enter.  Seems to start a service or something.  Hope it helps.

Cue in sound of horses trampling in (like in Brave Heart) to save the day?

The SCCP Analog Phone window appears when you choose Troubleshoot >  Telephony Diagnostics > SCCP Analog Phones.

Feature access codes enable users of SCCP-controlled analog phones to be  able  to access certain phone features by dialing codes (for example, **1 to  set Call  Forward All on the phone).

When the UC500 device is in factory default configuration, the voice  initialization  process removes the stcapp feature access-code command.

From this window you can enable or disable stcapp feature-access  codes.

• When Enable  stcapp feature access codes is unchecked, feature access  codes are configured through the fac commands  under telephony- service only. This is the recommended setting.
  • When Enable  stcapp feature access codes is checked, the stcapp feature access-codes command is configured in addition to the fac commands under telephony-service. However, enabling this setting results   in conflicts among feature codes, since codes 5, 6, 7, and 8 are  configured  differently by these commands. The output of the following show  commands illustrates the conflict.

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Did you use CCA or CLI to enable STCAPP?  If you did it through CLI you would need to configure a SCCP CCM group and add the UC500 as one of the available gateways.

To configure it through CLI do the following

sccp local FastEthernet0/1
sccp ccm 192.168.1.1 identifier 10
sccp

sccp ccm group 1
associate ccm 10 priority 1
switchback method graceful
stcapp ccm-group 1
stcapp

dial-peer voice 30 pots
service stcapp
port 0/1/0

voice-port 0/1/0
caller-id enable

OR if you use CCA you could just set the FXS port to a User Mode Phone. Ports\Analog Ports.

Thanks guys,

It was a CLI configured system and for some reason I had 'lost' 'stcapp' on it's own line which disabled the service.

Marcus, I already had all the rest of the stcapp grouping and attachments, but thanks for the detailed post!

Looking through a diff of a previous config highlighted my mistake.

Thanks again.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: