Views
Helpful
Replies

Struggling with personal address book on SPA504g

garethwestwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope this is the right place to put something like this. I'm looking for some help with my SPA504G and SPA512G phones.

I have 20 odd phones which connect to an external SIP provider. We provision most of the settings and updates via tftp and have previously used a wget script to post data to "phone_ip/pdir.csc" in order to (relatively) quickly update the Personal address books.

This method seems to have stopped working on newer firmware versions. I have tried making a slightly more sophisticated html/php page to essentially do the same thing but that failed as well. It looks like the pdir.htm page now includes a csrftoken for each entry and that those tokens change on a regular basis. I'm assuming that this is what's causing me a problem.

Before I go any further with this I wanted to see if I am missing something really obvious here. If I want to push an address book to 20 phones is there an "easy" way to do it via TFTP or an XML upload.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to offer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your's firmware is recent enough, read Configuring Personal Address Book.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your's firmware is recent enough, read Configuring Personal Address Book.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I had nearly given up hope of finding a solution!

To the best of my knowledge, on the phones I am testing with, we are on the latest firmware so I will have a look at the article you linked to in the next couple of days. Will let you know how I get on.

Gareth

The phone I am testing on is 7.6.2d, I have just downloaded 7.6.2SR5 and will update with that.
I think I may have seen that document before, it doesn't make any reference to where or how you upload the XML file once it's been generated. I think on some phones / fw versions there is an upload button on the phone book page but I don't see that on my kit. Do you know how to get the xml file onto the phone?

It's part of provisioning mechanism - just new tag (paddrbook) on configuration file. As SPA5xx allows you to have up to 4 configuration files (Profile Rule, Profile Rule B, Profile Rule C, Profile Rule D) you can eitner include address book configuration into your current configuration file or you can create an independent one for the purpose.

I'm an idiot! So obvious once you know.

I've created a new file on the tftp server with that XML in it, added the file as an additional rule and it works like a charm.

Thanks Dan.

Gareth

I'm an idiot! So obvious once you know.

It's general life rule ;-)

Glad to hear you solved it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: