Views
Helpful
Replies

Support from SBCS and David Trad

alltraders001
Level 1
Level 1

To whom it may concern:

My company started to use Cisco products (UC540 and SPA525G2 phones) earlier this year. We are a software development company and I tend to end up running projects that are deemed to be separate from our normal business. I have IT qualifications but no experience in Cisco other than knowing of their good name for over twenty years.

Our UC540 was setup incorrectly when we received it. Because of that, we had continual issues of instability and functionality that wasn't as expected. The system was configured partly with CLI and was not CCA compliant. The issues were continual and caused me to have to regularly reload the UC540 just to keep the telephones working. It hasn't been a fun year until now.

Last weekend, with the assistance of David Trad and Marvin Tempro (Cisco) I rebuilt the UC540. I was pretty nervous about how it would go due to the systems instability so far. The first attempt went well until repeatedly entering incorrect SIP Trunk credentials and trying to fix the "issue" using CLI caused more significant problems. The second attempt, using what David taught me and navigating the telephony setup wizard myself and using the correct credentials, worked very easily and produced a CCA compliant and working system with minimal effort.

This post is not requesting help at all. It is really just to testify that my experience with this support community and with he Cisco support engineers (USA ones) has been extremely positive and helpful. I cannot speak highly enough of David's assistance both inside and outside of these forums. He has gone well above and beyond what I've experienced in any forum that I've been involved in. This rebuild has been discussed and planned for several weeks and David helped make the rebuild a safe path to take. I could not have done this without his help. I must also highly compliment Marvin Tempro whom I happened to receive help from twice over the weekend (Cisco support engineer). Marvin was continually patient, knowledgable, helpful and he provided a very sure course forward in what was both an educational process and a support process.

6 Replies 6

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Michael,

It is great to have someone tell the good story

It seems like everybody like's to post the negative side, but it is very nice to hear the positive side of things

Thanks to David and Marvin for their hard work and support

mtempro
Level 1
Level 1

Happy to be of service Michael.  Glad to see the dsl modem and sip trunk working together nicely.  Hopefully no issues with the sip alg but please keep me post if you experience any audio problems, we can also do some port forwarding for sip if we need to.

Thanks,
Marvin

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Forums are often a place of venting or seeking resolutions for problems... I have to say it is soooooooooooooooo damn good to see someone take the effort out to report on the positive outcomes.

Marvin was the real hero of the story, he helped get the system up and running before the end of the long weekend, bottom line Michael has a properly functioning system with full CCA compliance, life should now be much easier for him.

Good luck Michael, and just remember there is plenty of people on these forums to help you out

Helping you out highlighted certain things for me that will assist me in refining the way I do things, so plenty of positives to be had out of this, I never knew I could memorize each section of the Telephony Wizard, the mind can baffle you at times

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Robert Prideaux
Level 1
Level 1

Just like to add my 2 cents here;

I have been a grovellingly grateful recipient of David's assistance; late night and weekends do not faze him and his willingness to go the extra mile;  and a half;  and a bit is extraordinary.

Should add he appears to know every nut and bolt of this ofetn extremely frustrating little box...

The SBCS guys are helpful too; but sometimes can send you down the garden path (Hey, not like I am a stranger to doing it myself, we are all human! - and they are being monitored and goaled on call resolution rates.

I for one would nominate David wholeheartedly as a Cisco MVP (Voice Division! ) - don't know if Cisco does that sort of public recognition (ala MVP rating/status in the Microsoft world).But  they should.

He deserves some tangible recognition of his tremedous contribution.

Robert.....

I have been a grovellingly grateful recipient of David's assistance;

Bugger I promise I didn't forget about you, with State of Origin on having a drink with mates and yelling at the screen has been of somewhat high importance of late "GO THE BLUES"

Lets do a catchup and see how you are traveling with that system.

He deserves some tangible recognition of his tremedous contribution.

I thank you for your kind words, but I neither seek any or have a need or want for any... Just a thank you after helping you out, or I blow your system up

Proud Blues Supporter... \o/ ***Looks out for any Queensland supports****

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

who are these "Blues" - Big Mal's practice dummies...???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: