cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI and Smart Call Connector Advanced Client?

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

I finally have the Smart Call Connector Advanced installed and working on my Windows XP SP3 x86 PC.

I have a line of business application (Connectwise) that has a Tapi click to dial capability.

Can Tapi enabled apps peacfully coexisit with SCCA?

If so, where can I download (link please) TAPI software that will work with the UCC540 and SCCA 2.x?

Will this work or will it conflict?

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-iostsp

Thanks, 

9 Replies 9

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One TAPI session per phone is the limit, so probably not is my guess.

I think this is in the SCC A release notes....

So the Smart Call Connector Client Advanced repalces the Smart Call Connector Toolbar (as it includes some of the toolbar features).

The Smart Call Connector Toolbar, included a TAPI component in the Control Panel, under Phone and Modem options, which could be accessed by any TAPI compliant software.

It appears as if the new Smart Call Connector Client Advanced does not inlcude the Tapi module accessable to other programs.

Any idea why?

When you use SCC in the server/client model all of the TAPI sessions are handled by the server.

Cole

As both Steve and Cole have indicated -- in the client/server mode all the callcontrol connections are on the server; the server connects to CME using the TAPI access ports. Only one TAPI connection is allowed per phone. Any other application using TAPI to access the same phone will intefere with each other.

Thanks

CallConnector Team

Darren Kattan
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing the same issue with ConnectWise. I finally got TAPI working on Windows 7 x64 using TSP SingleLine x64 2.2.0.8 so I can dial out of ConnectWise. We install Cisco CallConnector Advanced, and the first thing it does is remove the TAPI instance. When I try to re-enable it, it fails to register.

Is there any way to allow the clients to maintain the TAPI sessions so that it can be shared with these third party applications?

I just for TAPI working on Windows 7 x64 too. My CW does not see the TAPI drive under My Account. Looks like TAPI is working on my desktop, how did you get ConnectWise (CW) to see it. I tried it with the Call Connectors before, and the whole Call Connector software is just way too buggy.

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

Its not very apparent, but the Smart Call Connector Advance Client creates and utilizes a TAPI connection from the Smart Call Connector Advanced Server.

Since you can only have one TAPI connection at a time, the use of SCCA software prevents the use of any local TAPI functionality (i.e. Connectwise, Outlook, etc.)

While I understand the reasons Cisco implemented it this way, I think this a major design flaw and a serious functionality issue,

I just uninstalled Smart Call Connector Advanced. Complete waste of time in my opinion. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it appears that the only way to dial contacts from the toolbar is to copy and paste their number. I would much rather just click the 'Call' button so Outlook can hit is via TAPI directly.

Plus, I'm having problems getting the Advanced Call Connector to pull my contacts. I think this is because I'm running Outlook 2010 x64.

furdog
Level 1
Level 1

Brook,

I got it working! Same TAPI client. The problem was ConnectWise. The newest update 2011.3 fixes the issue. Install the TAPI client and reboot. It will appear and dial. Let me know if you need help with it. I'll be at IT Nation too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: