cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP not active and software pack upgrades fail on CCA - Brand new UC520

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

I have just received a replacement UC520 after a hardware failure. Attempting to take advantage of the new CCA 3 features, I went to customise my IP phone ringtones and backgrounds. Upon clicking either option, the screen loads with the following error: "The embedded TFTP server can not start or is not reachable" - it should be at 192.168.10.1, the same as the UC520. But nothing. How can I fix this/configure a new TFTP server?

Shortly after I decided to install a new software pack. The wizard on CCA gets a little way into unpacking the file, and then comes up with the error "Unable to authenticate". This pack was downloaded from the UC520 downloads screen, so it is definately the right one.

Any ideas anyone?

Nic.

6 Replies 6

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Nic,

My thought is the one of two things.  Either CCA cannot start the TFTP server because there is something on your computer already using those ports..  Or that we are having a communication problem from your computer to the UC, either with Vlan1 or the CUE interface.  Can you ping Vlan1, and the CUE addresses from you computer (10.1.10.1 & 10.1.10.2)

Thank you,

Darren

Hello Darren,

I have pinged both requested IP's from the CCA network diagnostics ping screen.

10.1.10.1 = 100%, message in red states "Summary:significant difference in Minimum and Maximum trip time" (Average = 4ms, Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 8ms).

10.1.10.2 = 100%, same error message in red. (Average = 1ms, Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 4ms).

I also tried both IP's in a windows CMD session, both IP's returned the error: "ping request could not find the host IPaddress. Please check the name and try again".

Thank you,

Nic.

Nic,

If you are not able to ping the addresses from window CMD session, then CCA is likely to fail.   Is the UC520 your default gateway address?  If it is, you can try adding a route to your PC -  "route ADD 10.1.10.0 MASK 255.255.255.252 192.168.10..1 METRIC 1"

If you have a different device/router as you default route, you may need to add a route on that device for the 10.1.10.0 subnet, that points to the UC520.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

As of now, the UC520 so far has not been connected to any internet service. it's just the router and phones, and my laptop with CCA. I noticed earlier when I opened CCA the task bar in the bottom left corner was saying "VLAN conflict detection in progress" for a short time. Could this be related?

Should I still add a route to my PC given that it is not actually an internet gateway at this point in time?

Thanks

Nic.

Nic,

Yes, I would still try adding the route to your PC, but I would also look into the Vlan conflict to see if you can resolve that to make sure it is not causing a problem.

Thank you,

Darren

I have added the route. My mask is 255.255.255.0 as per standard UC520 config, so I have tried that. the IP addresses still won't ping. TFTP is still unreachable for ringtone/background customisation.

What is the best way to go about figuring out the VLAN conflict?

Thanks Darren.

Nic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: