Views
Helpful
Replies

The MWI light only works twice on SPA504G

J.A. Vliet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use the SPA504G at home and administrate it via my webbrowser. So there's no managing software.

The phone can connect to my voicemail box of my provider and I can log in the box with my pin. I can hear messages. So the voicemail settings seem to work.

After I've heared the message and I hang up the MWI light turns off. But when there's comming a new message the MWI light does not turn on.

When I reboot the phone the MWI lights is turned on when there's an unheared message or, when there's no message, it stays off. So far so good. When I delete all messages and create a new message, the light turns on. Again all OK. But after that the light never turns on again no matter how many new messages there comming in until I reboot the phone. Then the MWI light turns on.

It also seems to make no difference if I set "Message Waitng" on or off (Voice/Extention1/call feature settings). I expect that yes means that the function is on but I'm not shure.

The phone is loaded with the latest firmware (SPA30x_SPA50x_7.6.2SR5_FW).

I hope some one can help with this.

Addition:

I've just noticed that the light is turning on after quit some time, altough there was no message any more in the box.

Is there perhaps a setting that controls the "polling time" for this?

0 Replies 0