cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The second line call can't hang up

apple0007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, do any of you guys experience the second line problem with UC320 and SPA 512G

I setup the uc320 with a customer for 20 phone users(SPA512G), now some of them are complaining that when they are in conversation in the first line, the second line dial in. they hear the ringing  in the ear piece. they do not answer the second line. yet  the second line keep ringing even though the second line caller hang up, this really bothersome because the ringing interference with their conversation in the first line, there is no way to end it unless they hang up the first line. is there anyway dealing this kind of problem ?

Regard.

Rex

4 Replies 4

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rex,

This issue happens for the inbound calls from external only or internal calls as well? Which trunk is it for the inbound call? SIP or FXO? Please send your UC320W configuration to me. You can do so by sending the feedback at Services->Feedback, please input "Attention wenyang@cisco.com" in the Issues or Suggestions section and select "Report Problems" as the category.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Thank you  Wendy

I just went to  customer site to check  The situation are not true, when the second line come in, only the red flash on the phone, there is no rining in the ear. and the red flash disappeared when the second line calling party hang up. one guy said the ringing happend in rare occasion, is the ringing possibly  happen?  I didn't experience once.

we are using sip trunk for external call.

Thank you for your quick reply.  

Regard

Rex

Hi Rex,

I'm assuming they are using FXO for PSTN connectivity.  This sort of problem could be possible if the FXO is not properly tuned (FXO Impedance Matching tool) or they service provider uses a different disconnect tone.  For an answered call the call it torn down in both directions as both parties hang up.  If the UC320W doesn't see the disconnect tone properly it won't hang up the call.

Chris

Hi Rex,

When the 2nd call come in, the SPA512 phone will only have red flash, it can't have the ringing.

Best regards,

Wendy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: