Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Zone Issues..Voicemail timestamps off by 3 hours

placroix
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

I have a uc500 that I have set to EST (-5 EDT) and i point it to a public ntp server.

The voicemail module (CUE) I have it set up the same way. The voicemails all show up 3 hours off so I did some digging.

In the Web GUI I ran a report and it shows the timezone as Los Angeles.

In the CLI on the CUE it says New york. I have included some logs here:

From the CLI

se-10-1-10-1#

se-10-1-10-1# show run

Generating configuration:

clock timezone America/New_York

hostname se-10-1-10-1

line console

length 0

system language preferred "en_US"

ntp server 0.north-america.pool.ntp.org prefer

******* AND THIS IS FROM THE GUI ************

*NOTE*** When I am in the GUI Screen, I have selected EST New York... This screen below is when I run the report on the VM system.....

17:42:44.488 PDT Tue Aug 09 2011

time zone:                              America/Los_Angeles

clock state:                            sync

delta from reference (microsec):        -21093

estimated error (microsec):             3290

time resolution (microsec):             1

clock interrupt period (microsec):      10000

time of day (sec):                      1312936964

time of day (microsec):                 932722

Am I missing something stupid???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks  Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul,

After you change the CUE side's timezone, Please do "saved configuration" and "reload" the CUE

This is required in order for the change to sync up to Linux kernel.

Thanks,

David Liao

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Before any recommendation is give, can you confirm if this system was built using CCA or is this a CLI build?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply,

Using CCA 3.0 I reset the box back to factory defaults and used the latest software pak and configured everything from there.

I hope this helps....

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that

Firstly can you log into CCA and see if the time is correct in there, please see screen shot below:

Look on the left navigation pane and you will see where to go, by updating this information it should propagate system wide and also make sure the switches are also updated as well.. On the right hand side click on the time zone and choose one from the list.

Also I don't personally myself use NTP I always prefer to manually do it, it just seems to stay accurate all the time, unless you are worried about time creep that happens every year I wouldn't panic

Also I wouldnt trust the WEB GUI any longer, since I believe it be slowly being phased out I have very little confidence that it can report on things accuratley since it is no longer maintained.

Last resort we can always revert back to CLI but would like to avoid this

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Just an update on this....

Yes the clock on the system as well as the clock on the CUE were both set via CCA 3.1 and were both properly set to EST - New York. CCA ALWAYS reported this unless I ran a report under CCA against the VM Module....

Bottom line I had to session into the VM module and do a clock set CLI command and set it to America/New_York.

Thanks for the help....

Paul

Paul,

After you change the CUE side's timezone, Please do "saved configuration" and "reload" the CUE

This is required in order for the change to sync up to Linux kernel.

Thanks,

David Liao

Thank you,

The system prompted me to do so after issuing the CLI command. All done, it's just weird how CCA didn't see it in the configuration, but showed it in the reporting.

Thanks for all your help

Paul

Hi Paul,

Can you please either edit the subject heading with a [SOLVED] at the end of it or mark David L's as correct, makes it easier for people when searching for this exact issue

Cheers,

David.

Done,

Thanks all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: