cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TLS issue on SPA 303 and 505

hpatel2
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with TLS. Device is automatically rebooting. this issue happens on SPA 303 and 504G with 7.5.5 version.

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I'm using 7.6.2 on SPA504G's without issue. Perhaps try that version.

I am working in Vonage. this issue is impact on many customer. It was working fine but we needed to find a proper solution. I was able to capture a Cisco 303G generating a System 4 error. I have some guesses from what I am seeing, but I will defer to those who have more knowledge than I for this one.

NOTE:- I captured  Wirehshark log. I am not add the log. 

Also,    we seen many issue on 7.6.2. this is not stable software version. 

Unfortunately, so many possible causes. At the first, those related to the TLS itself - your end of TLS link may force particular encryption or hash algorithm that's implemented improperly while Philip's system may use algorithms implemented correctly. It may not be matter of only encryption algorithms and has function, but you need to take handshaking extensions into consideration. Also, don't forget certificates used (server's as well as authorities). Certificates have also different lengths of keys, various algorithms, extensions - and even encoding of texts needs to be take into consideration.

Unfortunately, neither you nor Philip disclosed details beyond firmware version. Note - you even didn't mentioned what purpose you are using TLS to (for provisioning ? to encapsulate SIP dialog ?).  We are using TLS for provisioning with no issues, but unless your issue is about the same use, it has no value for you.

In short, no way to provide valuable advice to you now.

Turn on syslog&debug (highest level possible), catch them and attach here. You mentioned you have stream captured by Wireshark, unfortunately, you didn't attached it here - so do it.

It may (or may not, of course) help us to help you ...

We are using this FW version to SPA 30x series and 50x series. We are using TLS feature for  provisional purpose. SIP dialog are going on TLS. We seen this issue is around last one month. We certified 7.5.5 FW version. We never seen this issue. It was working fine but last one month we seen this issue on  Customer device. If you would like to discuss with us  team please let me know.

NOTE:- i can't  able to add a log. How can i add a log? I will keep trying to add a log. 

We are using TLS feature for  provisional purpose. SIP dialog are going on TLS.

And issue in question manifests self during Provisioning, call setup or both ?

We seen this issue is around last one month. 

What's happened month ago ? It's about 7.5.5 firmware (not used before) ? Has been provisioning server and/or SIP peer upgraded ?

If you would like to discuss with us  team please let me know.

My language skills are not good enough for spoken English. But I can use email, if you wish ...

i can't  able to add a log. How can i add a log? I will keep trying to add a log. 

See picture:1.jpg

Or it's just rejected because of "unsupported extension" ? Then rename it using a supported extension one ...