cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking call origin

frenaudcisco
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC560 with an AutoAttendant script answering all lines. In our AA script menu, pressing "1" rings Blast Group 1 and pressing "2" rings Blast Group 2.

Here is the layout of the Blast Groups:

Blast 1 = Extensions 21, 29, 30, 31

Blast 2 = Extensions 29, 30

How can the people at extensions 29 and 30 know which Blast Group was selected from the menu (different department of the company) and/or if someone dialed their extension directly? Currently, extension 29 and 30 all ring and display the same message whether someone dialed Blast1, Blast2 or their direct extension. We would like to be able to have a different ring or at least a different message on the call display.

I tried setting up a share extension as a 2nd button on those phones and using that extension instead of a Blast Group. That works fine, but when someone uses that line all calls go directly to voicemail without ringing on the other phones.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

I think you will have to use an overlay number on the phones to do this (Before blast group was possible this was the only solution to ringing multiple phones simultaneously)

View solution in original post

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Francis,

I would create a second normal lines on the phones, and then add the second line to the second blast group.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

I think you will have to use an overlay number on the phones to do this (Before blast group was possible this was the only solution to ringing multiple phones simultaneously)

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Francis,

I would create a second normal lines on the phones, and then add the second line to the second blast group.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

frenaudcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Two excellent solutions! I decided to go with a second "normal" extension on the phones as it will be easier to manage later on if we add/remove extensions from the Blast Groups.