cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to extension or using prompts doesn't transfer

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320 running 2.0.8(15) - 2.0 MR2 Release and on most inbound calls to the Auto Attendant, when the caller pressing a extension or hits a button for the prompts (i.e., dial 4 to reach Jim), nothing happens.  Tried holding the button down to make sure a tone is generated, tried at different times during the auto attendant.  None of those work.  FXO is Comcast analog from their modem.  Anyone else seen this?

6 Replies 6

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

There are some fault isolation tips for AA dialing issues in the Troubleshooting Guide on this community.  Does it happen on both internal and external calls or just external?  If external, does it happen on all lines or a specific line?  If I understand your configuration, I'm assuming these are short loop length lines between UC320W and a Comcast gateway so impedance matching might not be an issue but you can check that configuration setting on your FXO lines and you can try increasing Rx Gain slightly to see if that helps.  Check your AA script to make sure your prompts or prompt sequences aren't configured to prevent DTMF interruptions during the prompt (there is a check box for that).  Finally, you might disconnect the UC320W FXO and connect a phone and listen to see if tones sound distorted or impaired in any way.

If you can't resolve the problem but you can isolate the line(s) that are experiencing the problem then you can take a trace using the Support Tools in the MR2 release to see if UC320W is detecting the tones and open a case with SBSC and provide the trace and your configuration.

Jeff

Jeff,

I don't see where to set the DTMF checkbox in the AA script.

John,

Sorry my response wasn't too clear on that.  Look at the Configuration Utility / Call Routing / Auto Attendant page under the Prompts tab.  There is a check box for each prompt and prompt sequence called "Prevent Barge In".  You want to make sure none of those are checked.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification.  I calibrated the FXO lines and then setting the RX Gain fixed the problem.

Hi John,

Cool ... glad you got it resolved.

Cheers,

Jeff

By how much did you have to change the gain?  I'm just curious as to what is too much.

James