cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Rule Challenge

briangormley
Level 1
Level 1

I have an intersting scenario whereby a select few extensions require a different state area code applied when dialing that specific regions local numbers.

So to explain that further, these select few extensions are virtualy located in state 02xxxx xxxx. The UC540 is located in state 03xxxx xxxx. When these 02 extensions want to dial a local call (8 digits) the users do not want to have to manually add 02 to the number before dialing. As far as they are concerned they are "virtually" located in the 02 state - so i agree with them . But I have hit the following hurdle.

Now this sounds pretty simple to fix using a translation rule to add the 02 digits to the Called number; but the problem I have is that I had to create a translation rule already for these "02" extensions to have a caller-ID on the 02xxxx xxxx state range, and not the 03xxxx xxxx like the rest of the extensions.

The following is the existing rules.In summary this rule ensures that only the "virtual" extensions (range between 3381 to 3388) get a callerID of 0212345678. The rest get the normal 0311111111 callerID.

voice translation-rule 1111
rule 1 /^338\([1-8]\)$/ /0212345678/
rule 15 /^....$/ /0311111111/
rule 16 /^\+....$/ /0311111111/

voice translation-profile CALLER_ID_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
translate calling 1111

I somehow need to keep the Rule 1 as listed above to preserve the caller-ID for these extensions, and somehow also add a rule like this

voice translation-rule 1234
rule 1 /\(^........$\)/ /02\1/

......but make it only applicable to those extensions 3381 to 3388.

Its almost like I need a rule that allows me to select a source and destination in the same rule i.e .a calling extension (3381 - 3388) dialing an 8 digit number (local call on 02 state), then ammend a 02 to the beginning of the called number, and still preserve the CallerID that is in place.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can place the translation profile on ephone-dn. That will make so different phones will be treated differently for calling or called numbers, incoming or outgoing calls.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can place the translation profile on ephone-dn. That will make so different phones will be treated differently for calling or called numbers, incoming or outgoing calls.

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a treat!

Thanks again.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!