cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TSP (TAPI) in Windows 8

Chris Foot
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any plans to make a version of the TSP driver available that will work in Windows 8? It is a real shame that Microsoft have changed something that has broken this!

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

I did read somewhere (And just did a quick search to find it an couldn't) that there is no intentions to do so, or it is not on the roadmap.

However like everything else, Cisco will look at the demands on such a product/feature and then if it warrants it they will most likely develop it.

I must admit right now it would appear to be hard to design things for Microsoft based systems as they are constantly changing, which then invalidates your own product and increases the cost of development/maintenance for a product.

I suspect Cisco was not making enough money out of SCC to warrant keeping up the development of it, if it was making the $$$ then I cannot see any reasons as to why it would have ben canceled.

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

The irony is that if Cisco were activly developing the SBCS, SCC and the UC line then they would sell more!!!

UC540 system with 8.6.1 Software Pack

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

Hi Jeremy,

In many ways you are right, but this conversation as a whole becomes a double edged sword.

From my perspective the UC-500 series is an ageing product line, and history has shown us repeatedly that Cisco are very quick to evolve, and in saying that, they need to keep evolving and bringing in product lines.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for the Cisco development cycle, and having worked for other vendors and still currently working for a competing vendor (To a degree), must say that Cisco still hold one of the best if not the best the R&D divisions, and product development cycles.

The problem with the UC-500 and the associated products such as SCC, is that it has turned what was supposed to be a simple small business product line into something it was not intended for, thus then the evolution of the UC-320W, but it still wasn't enough (In my eyes), as the constant feature requests for the UC-500 and the associated products kept coming in (Observations based on these forums I must add)... But one thing I noticed is that people never took into consideration one vital point "Fit For Purpose", and the constant request to turn the system into something that it most likely should not have been developed into, did make the UC-500 an untenable product line, it was truly going past what it was meant to do IMHO.

What I have learnt over the past few years working with Cisco telephony products, is that people sold them into environments that they perhaps should not have been sold into, or over sold the product for something it is not and further to that, I believe there was a significant lack of understanding of the actual product and its limitations... This was one of the main reasons why I had to walk away and take a breather from that world, it was causing far too many problems, and things were not going to change in a hurry.

I do look forward to seeing the evolution of new products from Cisco in their telephony line, and I hope all new product lines take into consideration the current demands from the market place on features and application capabilities, otherwise it is back to square one just like the UC-500 was, but I am confident like always, that Cisco will always keep those things in consideration before going to market.

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David Trad wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

In many ways you are right, but this conversation as a whole becomes a double edged sword.

Hi David,

I have to say that I don't agree with much of what you've said. I could write for hours why exactly I think Cisco has sadly missed the market with the UC500, and will miss it again with the likes of UC300 and CM BE, but since that wil not make an inch of difference to anyone, I'll just summarize : slow and poor software development quality that is almost scandalous for an industry giant.

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

So is there any update on this?

We really need a Windows 8.1 TSP TAPI Client!

Dimitris Mingos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chris,

I also need a TSP driver for windows 8(8.1).

And a sip tapi for the new line of Cisco Ip Phones 99XX etc.

Not only for UC5XX series retired product, but also for Call Manager Express.

Dimitris Mingos
Level 1
Level 1

To correct my previous replay

TSP-SingleLine-2.2.0.5.exe works fine for me OS windows 8.1 32 bit enterprise.

I was not  able to install it to windows 8.1 64 bit. (TSPSingleLinex64-2-2-0-8.exe)

oh really? wow! I'm going to have to test this. i wasn't running 32-bit.... might just have to, but don't really want to....