Views
Helpful
Replies

two-digit extension

Thomas Antony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer wants to replace his PBX with a UC560.

The customer has 3 digits for his internal extensions, but also one number with two digits for fax which should be kept unchanged.

Is there a way on the CLI to configure a two-digit extension when UC560 was configured with CCA and selected 3 digits for extensions?

Best regards,

Thomas Antony

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Thomas,

Can this be done in CCA - No.

Can this be done in CLI - Yes.

The issue is that after making the CLI modifications, CCA will likely not work correctly, at least for certain sections.  Also depending on how you do this, you may not be able to dial certain numbers any longer..  (ie. new ext. 22,  You would no longer be able to dial extensions 220-229.)

I am not sure of the exact reason you need to use a 2-digit extension, or how they are transferring or getting to that number.  But there may be other ways around this without using a 2-digit extension.

*** Warning: If you are using CCA only, or are not a "UC Specialized" partner, modifications though CLI can void support for CCA when calling into support in the future.  If you have questions about this, or need asistance please call into support. ***

Thank you,

Darren

Is there a way to allow just a one digit "0" to go to a particular 3-digit extension?  This was OK in CCA two or three versions ago, but then it got broken.

I created with CCA a DID rule for inbound calls with the companys main number +  the two digits and with a three digit internal extension.

I also created a DID rule for the three digit internal extension which is used for the two digit extension.

That works for me and should also be possible for only one digit.

Thomas,

If you have further issues please call 866-606-1866 and ask to speak to Darren.

Regards,

-Darnell