Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Strange Questions

I have a customer that is wondering about changing these two things on their new Cisco UC540 systems. The whole system is running on SPA5xx phones and all locations have POTS lines.

My customer is wondering if we can set a different ring tone/ring type for calls that are internal (office phone to office phone)? Right now everything goes to two call blast groups. They would like one ring tone to be for the call blast groups and a different one for internal office calls. Do you know a way to make this happen?

Because the customer had an older system what was a Key based, and not everyone has a button available for intercom, they are wondering if we can set a tone that will be played on the calls handset if the other person (recipient) is on the line? IE, that way the person trying to call the other person on the line knows they are on the line by hearing a tone?

Again, thanks for the help.

Michael Peterman

Small Business Technology Solutions Inc

Michael@seeus4it.com

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are not strange questions. These are features present on PBXs since 30 years, but to which Cisco never gave much importance.

1. yes, but you will have to configure primary and secondary numbers for each DN. Then, they can be associated to different tones.

2. The system doesn't do that. For the purpose, you can use my script "selective ringback tone", available at www.ciscoscripts.com

Thanks I will make sure to note that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

You're welcome. Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.