Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 320W dosent regiter with sip trunks

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I tried to configure sip trunks with AAPT (Australia), bit it didn't register with sip & gave following logs. Please advice me to resolve this issue.

Regards

Sam

Jan  1 11:00:30 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP message from source IP 127.0.0.1 is blocked.

Jan  1 11:00:31 UC320W user.debug voice: SUBSCRIBE sip:ivms@127.0.0.1:7060 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.237.179.166:5064;branch=z9hG4bK-199aa513

From: Voice Mail <sip:ivms@127.0.0.1>;tag=2d41057a78f65ed8

To: Voice Mail <sip:ivms@127.0.0.1>

Call-ID: 5f905ba2-acebed0@10.237.179.166

CSeq: 53643 SUBSCRIBE

Max-Forwards: 70

Expires: 2147483647

Event: message-summary

User-Agent: Cisco/UC320W-2.3.2(6)

Allow-Events: talk, hold, conference, x-spa-cti

Content-Length: 0

Jan  1 11:00:31 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP/2.0 200 OK

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.237.179.166:5064;branch=z9hG4bK-199aa513

From: Voice Mail <sip:ivms@127.0.0.1>;tag=2d41057a78f65ed8

To: Voice Mail <sip:ivms@127.0.0.1>;tag=as507067b2

Call-ID: 5f905ba2-acebed0@10.237.179.166

CSeq: 53643 SUBSCRIBE

User-Agent: Asterisk PBX

Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER

Expires: 3600

Content-Length: 0

Jan  1 11:00:31 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP message from source IP 127.0.0.1 is blocked.

Jan  1 11:00:32 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP message from source IP 127.0.0.1 is blocked.

Jan  1 11:00:33 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP message from source IP 127.0.0.1 is blocked.

Jan  1 11:00:34 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP message from source IP 127.0.0.1 is blocked.

Jan  1 11:00:35 UC320W user.debug voice: SIP message from source IP 127.0.0.1 is blocked.

6 Replies 6

jamesiescotland
Level 1
Level 1

Without knowing all the details the following should help you

I believe that your registration is failing becasue the sip ports on your router are not open or forwarding to the UC320 they are being blocked by your firewall

If you have the uc320 linked via the uc320 WAN port to your router  you will need its WAN ipaddress and on your router you will need to use port forwarding to this address fro port range 504 - 560 tcp/udp

so for example your Cisco UC320 WAN port is on ip address 192.168.25.1 (just an example) your dsl router internet port is on 192.168.25.254

on your router you would port forward 504 - 560 to 192.168.25.1

This will allow you to register .

I hope this helps you

Thanks Nima,

I could resolve this issue with ISP; they had a problem in their side. I have two more issues to resolve.

1 What is the best way to implement day mode & night mode messages?

2. I have configured uc320 with 2 simultaneous calls, however when user busy with 2 calls still third caller hear user not available message instead of user busy. How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Sam

Hi sam,

Thanks for your queries

for your  first query

Basically Uc320 has two types of schedule :

Manual Schedule (Force Night button):  Choose this option if you want to enable the Day and Night behaviors by using a Force Night button on a user's phone.

AutomaticSchedule: Choose this option if you want the Cisco UC320W to automatically enable the Day and Night behaviors based on the business hours and holidays that you specify.

manually operated schedule, at least one phone must have a Force Night button.please check on help menu for Automatic schedule.

Let me tell you the steps to configure for manual schedule.

1.day/night features-->AA (on)-->enable Day/Night menu/schedule

2.Go to phonebutton-->select force night button on user's phone button

2.Go to AA, you can select different prompt messages for day and night

3.Apply configure

4.Now go to the phone which you have configure force night button,if this force nigt button is green

it plays the day message which you have configured in AA.Now press the force night button to change to night mode(force night button is red now).

After changing to night mode by pressing the force night button,now calling to AA should play night greeting.

For your second query:

if there are two simulaneous call on user's phone,if third caller tries to call to that user,third call will be always forwarded to user's personal voicemail,because you might have configured call forward busy/no answer to user's personal voicemail.So this is working as expected.

Regards,

Nima

Thanks Nima , very useful your advice.

I configured manual day/night mode buttons on reception phone. I want day greeting only when receptionist canā€™t get the call. Then call should go to voicemail after the day greeting.  In the night mode it should be night greeting & then voicemail. Instead of AA can I use two group email box to grab day messages & night messages?

What is the best way to get user busy (currently on phone) message rather than user no available message?

We got sip without internet & now it is difficult to implement voice mail to email function. Because uc320 route everything to wan interface. I thought to use existing  firewall & connect sip trunk , then I can route email traffic.

Please advise on these issues

Hi sam,

please see my answer in line:

I configured manual day/night mode buttons on reception phone. I want  day greeting only when receptionist canā€™t get the call. Then call should  go to voicemail after the day greeting.  In the night mode it should be  night greeting & then voicemail.

yes, it can be configured.

on Uc320 configuration page Go to AA-->day menu-->timeout (after 20 seconds) ->select the transfer -->user/group voicemail box.then apply the configure.Now,After AA greeting is played if caller does not press any digit to transfer call to receptionist/any other extension for the duration of 20 secconds, then automatically caller will be forwarded to user/group's voicemail box.By default after timeout of 20 seconds,AA will repeat the main menu greeting.You can also adjust your timeout ( seconds) and transfer to any distination from available drop-down box as per your requirement.similarly, for the Night menu as well.

Instead of AA can I use two group email box to grab day messages & night messages?

I don't think so you can use anything other than AA.However you can create and record your own prompts/greetings and can be used for your day and night greetings.

To record and create prompt,please go to internal dialing --> AA prompt recorder extension

and also AA help menu for how to create and record the prompts .

What is the best way to get user busy (currently on phone) message rather than user no available message?

Currently this is an known issue which we have already cdets for it."CSCtj21082:Configure distinguishable unavailable and busy vm messages".However, you can try the below steps

Go to call forwarding screen under section User/Group Features, select the "None" in Call Forward Busy/No Answer from drop-down box.Then apply configure.Now when third caller trying to call this user/group extension when already two calls are in process.Third caller's phone LCD should display as busy.

We got sip without internet & now it is difficult to implement voice  mail to email function. Because uc320 route everything to wan  interface. I thought to use existing  firewall & connect sip trunk ,  then I can route email traffic.

For the voicemail to email configuration,UC320 router should be  recheable to your SMTP server via WAN.It depends on where the SMTP server resides in the network.

Thanks,

Nima

Nima Norbu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi sam,

can you send me e- mail to nnorbu@cisco.com ?. I will send  you a PMF file for this solution.

Thanks,

Nima

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: