cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC-500 Configure Outbound Caller ID

robert
Level 1
Level 1

I have an installation with three sites, connected via VPN, each with a UC-520 and using SIP service.  The headquarters handles all incoming calls and the desire is for the other two sites to have the HQ's phone number displayed as the outbound caller id.  The service provider cannot do this since the desired number is not within the account of the two remote offices. They have suggested that the UC-520 be configured to report the outbound caller id for these two sites.

I have searched but could not find information to indicate if this is possible or reference info on how to configure this.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Robert Sanders

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

While CCA does offer an outgoing dial plan GUI adjustment for caller ID, it will not work well with SIP trunks since the SIP Trunk SP expects to see the account DID.  Adjusting the outgoing caller ID will place a translation rule in the UC500 to adjust it, but the outgoing SIP Invite has a FROM header with thet adjusted number, and the SIP SP will respond with "604 - Does Not Exist Anywhere" in reply to all outgoing SIP Invites, I believe because it doesnt recognize that number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: