Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 Integration with Exchange 2007

cmcenroe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi-

Will the UC 500 integrate with Microsoft Exchange 2007 and is it supported by TAC?

Thanks!

Cassie

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

have seen some example configs on how to do this, but I haven't tried it  myself.
voice service  voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to  sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to  sip
supplementary-service h450.12
sip
!This here does not have to be  your loop back adapter but it has to see !your exchange server.
bind control  source-interface Loopback0
bind media source-interface  Loopback0
header-passing
dial-peer voice 3013 voip
description **  UNIFIED MESSAGING **
destination-pattern 604
session protocol  sipv2
session target ipv4:192.168.20.23
session transport  tcp
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
I  am not sure if they are using 604 as the call forward number or AA number, but  it is likely one of the two.
The IMAP config will work with outlook, but not exchange.  You can use  the SMTP server settings in the UC500 to send emails to the exchange server, but  that isn't as good as the IMAP integration in my opinion. 
I  think this would have best effort support from TAC (which isn't a guarantee they  will fix the problem).  It shouldn't be much different than integrating to 3rd  party SIP providers. 
It looks like this system is used to record VM, faxes, and email in one  mailbox.  It can also create customizable AA scripts.  I do not know if it  toggles MWI or not from what I have read. 

Thanks
Steven

Hi

The config posted by Steven works!

Just setup the exchange UM to support your dial plan, enable the users and set their extensions...

Apparently the WMI doesnt work.

Dan

External hardware is required for MWI with Exchange 2007 Voice Mail feature, not a Cisco UC Limitation....

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: