cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 Speed Dials and Local Speed Dials for 7940 & 7960

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Can an phone user configure his/her own personal speed dials on the phone. ?  The Local speed dials could be updated using the CUE GUI, but there is no option to do a personal speed dial.  Also when the speed dial is configure, any idea how to access the speed dial with just using the speed dial code?

4 Replies 4

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Following my discussions with John Guggenheim we figured out that we could do it thru the CME GUI.  The user would need to log in to 10.1.10.1 and enter his credentials then go to Configure->Phone where he could update his Speed dials and Personal speed dials.  The only caveat here is that he should not be defined as a member of the Administrators group.  If the user belongs to the Administrators group, then he would get only the option to update the local speeddials and not the Personal speed dials.

Now that said...how does one use the defined dials without using his address books.  The idea of speed dials is to make the dialing easier.  I am asking this from the user perspective.

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the configuration links.  I was looking for an option to have speed dial menu avaliable on the phone.

See the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1044626

look under

SCCP: Enabling User Interface for Speed-Dial and Fast-Dial

This would enable the speed dial menu to be avaliable on the phone, however the command phone-ui speeddial-fastdial does not seem to work. Any ideas ?

How does one use the Addreviated dialing?

Regards,

Jibu Mathews

Jibu,

CME 4.3 was re-numbered 7.0 and it is available for the UC500 in 12.4(20)T or higher. Make sure you are using the appropriate IOS so the command shows up.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: