Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 520 8.1.0 ... VPN stops working

gregatatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I upgraded from 8.0.5 to 8.1.0 and my VPN connections now don't work.

I can make a connection, and start using it (remote desktop, file sharing ....), but after a short period of time, the connection stops 'working'.

The connection is still there.

But, I can't access anyting on the remote side.

It seems to fail faster, the more data that is transmitted.

For example, if I telnet to the CLI interface for the UC520 I can do most anything I need.

But if I open a webpage on a remote server, the connection will eventually fail.

If I try coping a file, the connection fails faster.

I beleive this started after my upgrade.

I also installed the new AnyConnect VPN client.

So, I tried downgrading the client. No help.

Anyone experience the same?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

gregatatt
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I fixed my problem.

I downgarded the firmware image to the previous version

from -- uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T2

to -- uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a

VPN has been working all day....First time in several months.

Hopefully, someone from Cisco is monitoring and will investigate.

Hi Gregory,

Can I ask if you logged a fault with SBCS support or TAC with this particular issue?

Whilst we have a good compliment of Cisco staff on here monitoring all our requests and helping us out where possible, we all should remember that Cisco invest a lot of time, money and resources into their support centers to ensure we get the 1st grade technical support we expect from purchasing and selling Cisco products.

You will find the majority of people will log a support case and get assigned an engineer, then they will post on these forums to spearhead the fault resolution times and try to reduce them, in many cases the Cisco staff that frequent these forums will ask for the case number and either work with the engineers or follow its progress, and thus may provide insight to the assigned engineer or create a bug case on their behalf, they can also provide you an escalation to your case as well.

So keep in mind that as due course you should log a case as soon as a problem arises, your case may lead to a bug being discovered and will provide a resolution to many other people along the way, that is how we engineers can help each other out as well .

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David -

Point(s) taken.

I'll open a TAC case today.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Was it only Anyconnect SSL VPN or also EZVPN IPSec connections?

Steve

Steven -

I know it was AnyConnect connections.

I believe it was also EZVPN connections too.

I'll 'downgrade' back to the current version (yeah, that sounds funny), and test what happens.

I am 99.99% sure the issue occurs with both clients, as I thought of that as a temporary fix, and it didn't work.

But, before I report that in a TAC case, I want to be sure.

Greg