cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 520 8.1 and 7931G font issues

danwilson46
Level 1
Level 1

Guy I recently updated my UC 520 from 8.0.4 to 8.1 and now the font size on the 7931G phones is huge.  The softkeys, buttons, and stuff like caller id is affected.  The banner across the top of the phone is fine.  Any ideas how to fix this?  I have rolled back the phone load to the previous version but this didn't help. 

14 Replies 14

danwilson46
Level 1
Level 1

Found the solution.  Thanks

How did you fix this?

Thanks

Wow someone else with this issue!  By the lack of responses I thought I was the only one.  The problem is with Cisco's new locals.  What I had to do was go to the console and under telephony service changed the line that says "user-local U5 cisco..." to "user-local US".  I'm not in front of it so my syntax may be a little off but you get the idea.  Then you must force the phones to reload the local and firmware.  Do this by factory reseting the phone with the hold # then press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,*,0,# method (do a search for factory reset on 7931).  It will pull the firmware again and load the default local.  Hope this helps

Oh we're in a real world of hurt since the upgrade to 8.1

Our 525G's won't say connected via VPN, they are missing text on the buttons when VPN'd also.

I was hoping you button issue might help me figured out our button issue.

Thanks for the help

DUDE!

Fixed my problem too with the "missing buttons" while VPN'd in!

Sweet!

Thanks!

Cool man.  Glad to be of help.  I don't know what they did with those local packs to mess things up so bad but the did something.  Our 7970s worked fine just the 7931 were affected.

lwheeler - how stable are your remote 525's?  I've been having issues since cutting over to 8.1 myself and started another thread to address the issues: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3305852#3305852

Just wondered what kind of issues you were having with your remotes and if you've come up with any silver bullets!!

We had to downgrade the phone firmware to 7.4.7 and downgrade UC firmware to uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a

and now things are pretty stable for the 525's

What did you downgrade FROM on the 525G firmware?  I thought 7.4.7 was the latest...

How are you connecting your 525G's to the UC500?  Local?  Remote?  SSL?

We connecting via SSL directly to the UC560 via the Anyconnect client, from remote sites, mainly employee homes

Did you try the load that was in 8.1 for the UC560?  For my UC520 it is uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T2.

What issues were you experiencing with it that forced you back to uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a?

Yes we did and we couldn't get the SSL VPN to connect at all, spent a day on the phone with Cisco and they couldn't

figure it out either. So the solution was to downgrade the UC firmware.

Hmmm....  were you by any chance seeing a display on the SPA525G or SPA525G2 rem

ote SSL VPN enabled phone which said "Failed to get WebVPN Cookie" by any chance? (when it was on the new IOS and didnt work)

Steve

I actually DID see something that could have said that...but it was so fast that I couldn't get it all.  I just know it looked like it said failed and then it showed it connected.

Hope that helps!!